The most common pathology in children is umbilical hernia in infants. It is highly treatable and usually does not require surgery.
The presence of a hernia can be determined by the protrusion of the abdominal wall in the umbilical region. When pressing with a finger on this area, the finger falls into the interior and the hernia rests.
Causes of umbilical hernia in infants:
– Slow closing of the umbilical ring.
– Predisposition to abdominal muscle weakness inherited from parents.
– Connective tissue failure.
The risk of umbilical hernia is in babies born prematurely, weighing up to 3 kg, having digestive problems, prolonged and often crying.
A protrusion of a hernia is most likely a loop of intestines falling from the abdominal cavity. Although infringement of hernias in infants is extremely rare, examination by a surgeon and hernia treatment are necessary.
Treatment of umbilical hernia in infants:
– Surgeon observation
– Sealing with a special patch of the adjusted umbilical hernia in courses of several days.
– Regular spreading of the baby on the stomach between the feedings and in front of them.
– Massage the abdomen from the 2nd week of life. At the same time, one hand holds a “herniated” hernia in the abdomen, and the other makes circular stroking movements clockwise, along the oblique muscles of the abdomen, pinching around the navel, “finger shower”.
– Daily restorative gymnastics. Apply reflex crawl, turns, laying out on the ball, from five months they sit down for straightened or bent arms. Exercises are carried out when the umbilical hernia in the baby is fixed with a band-aid. For children from 9-10 months, inclinations, torso turns to the sides, walking on hands are useful.