There are various troubles that a mother suffers from both during and after pregnancy. One such type of problem is postpartum hair loss also known as “Telogen Effluvium” in scientific language. This is a condition in which a woman experiences an enormous amount of hair loss in merely one month. The reason behind this problem can be attributed to the mental and physical state of the suffering mother such as stress which can happen due to child birth. The change in the pattern of hair growth and loss causes shedding of a number of hair follicles. Below are some ways in which you can get rid of postpartum hair loss:
- Stress is considered as one among the most important reasons of this problem. Hence, it is recommended to avoid stress and anxiety. You can indulge yourself in various breathing exercises and meditation.
- Vitamin intake should be continued even after the child birth as vitamins prevent hair loss. It has been noticed that insufficient amounts of zinc, vitamin B12 and manganese can contribute to hair loss.
- Those who are concerned with the thinning of hair can use shampoo and other such products that ensure voluminous and bulky hair.oil usage and spa therapies are also helpful.
- Another simple way to enhance growth of hair after pregnancy is by adopting a healthy balanced diet. Including foods which are high at omegas in your meals such as fish, nuts and avocados are very beneficial for growth of hair. Fish oil and flax seed oil are also effective in preventing this hair loss problem.
- Postpartum hair loss happens to be short0term problem which persists for around 3-6 months post delivery. Therefore, you can choose to have short hair if you wish to hide the consequences of this trouble.
- Regular exercise and yoga can turn out to be highly beneficial n preventing postpartum hair loss as a healthy woman is rarely prone to this problem. Breathing exercises and meditation can help a lot in keeping you away from this condition.
- Daily massages with essential oils like lavender oil or olive oil on scalp and hair give positive results and help in increasing the flow of blood towards the hair follicles. This, in turn, helps in enhancing the hair growth.
- You should consult a doctor if this condition persists even after 3 months as it can be some other problem like damaged thyroid function.