Once your little angle starts crawling, baby-proofing your home is a must. You never know what the little one will get her hands on. Baby-proofing home is to make it safe for the baby.
Checklist for baby proofing your home:
- Generally Dish wash Liquids, washing detergents are kept in under sink cabinets. Move these to top cabinets
- Latch the cupboard / cabinets that have items that can be potentially harmful to the baby.
- Install safety gates to rooms that should be out of reach to the baby.
- Unused electric sockets should have childproof covers.
- Electric cords should be out of reach from the baby. Any dangling electric cords may secured in place by tape.
- Use corner and side guards to prevent the baby from being hurt due to furniture edge or corners.
- Put the toilet seat down and secure it with lid lock.
- Make sure that the medicine box and vitamins are kept out of reach of the baby.
- Confirm that the plants in your home are not harmful to the baby.
- Babies tend to put everything in the mouth. Make sure small articles like buttons, beads, clips are not lying around.
- There should be no plastic bags accessible to the baby as there can be choking hazard.
- Move tall floor lamps behind furniture.
- Secure or latch refrigerator and freezer door.